A few weeks ago I made the decision to update the Self-Storage Dashboard as a real service for storage facility offices. Since then I’ve been converting my poorly coded prototype into a slightly better coded prototype.
I’ve settled on a set of features that I think will enable me to get user feedback without having to spend a year coding. Those features are: leads management, facility communication journal and customer testimonial management. I also built the permissions library that I had been considering.
I’ve been developing on a test server and I was hoping to push these new features and updates to the live server by Monday. That didn’t happen. There is a lot to do in order to make a halfway decent software solution.
Chasing loose ends is the name of the game. It seems like there is always two more things to get done. I’m either overestimating my abilities or underestimating how long a task will take, probably both.
- Create member and permissions management for the general manager.
- Create a dashboard for the general manager to see reports about all facilities.
- Develop an onboarding process for new company accounts.